A meet of Trivandrum Bloggers with Dr. Shashi Tharoor
See the video in Malayalam Language which I presented before Dr. Tharoor
We the bloggers from Trivandrum Bloggers group met Dr. Tharoor on today 31-03-09 morning at 8 AM. Our meet with him was not arranged in a proper way. However Dr.Tharoor met us and introduced everybody in a quick attempt due to shortage of time. Kenney recorded everything in a video camera. Kenney told me to talk first and I told Dr. Tharoor that I am a representative of farmers, nothing as my personal. I commonly told about the salary and pension growth in 29 years up to 12 times which became a reason for the growth of labor too. The prices of Agricultural commodities are not increasing at the rate of salary. The adverse effects of GM crops and foods without proper trial was another problem presented to him. I also mentioned about the improper implementation of National Rural Employment Guaranty Scheme which provides 100 days job and gets a salary of Rs. 11500 per year which crosses BPL limit. The Manorama reports on water pollution study also pointed out to rectify the quality of drinking water. Picture courtesy
Secondly the audio recoded and send to us by Dr. Brijesh Nair in Malayalam also presented in front of him. First point was about Vizhinjam & High Cout Bench in Trivandrum which we are hearing from last few years not yet solved. A favorable reply was from Dr.Tharoor. Due to shortage of time balance points are with Kenney who can publish it as Audio.
Finally Dr. Tharoor agreed that he also an Internet user and thus we can contact him through the Internet always to know the real problems of common people. He told that only a 3% of people are using Internet which is helpful to each other.
Visit this page for few more photos.
I wonder how many MPs can use the internet to contact common people?
I would like to appreciate Dr. Tharoor on his will to use internet to interact with common people.
Thanks a lot.
The following Invitation received to me to deliver a session on ‘FOSS for Common Man’ on 29th Sunday afternoon.
Greetings from Amrita University!
It was nice speaking to you a few minutes ago. Please permit me to introduce to you FOSSTER ‘09 which is being organized by Amrita University, Amritapuri Campus.
FOSSTER ‘09 is a FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) workshop and conference on the 28th and 29th of March 2009 on our campus.
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham has been a contributor to the Open Source movement since 2003. We have developed AmritaVPN that is now used widely. Amrita was awarded the ‘Champion University’ status by Sun Microsystems for its contributions towards Open Source Software such as Open Solaris, Apache Derby and OpenPortal. The Open Source momentum has caught up with Amrita, and now we would like others also to jump into the Open Source bandwagon.
FOSSTER ‘09 is aimed at bringing awareness among people, about the immense advantages of using FOSS. The workshop will help beginners learn using free software. The conference will also guide existing users of free software to contribute to FOSS. The detailed (tentative) agenda is available at the website: http://foss.amrita.ac.in/site/foss-conference/agenda
Highlights of the event are the official inauguration of Linux User group of Kollam and the website, http://foss.amrita.ac.in which is a portal that provides information about Open Source primarily meant for students. We expect around 400 participants for the event. Fifty (50) faculty members (two from a college) from various colleges in Kerala will also be invited to attend the workshop free of cost so that they take the initiative to create FOSS communities in their respective colleges.
I take this opportunity to invite you formally to deliver a session on ‘FOSS for Common Man’ on Sunday afternoon, 29th March in Amritapuri Campus. The final schedule shall be communicated to you in the next couple of days.
Looking forward to your participation and support, thanking you and with warm regards,
Br. Biju Kumar
Head – Corporate Relations
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
Join Trivandrum Bloggers Group
|Visit this group|
The world’s greatest scam?
A Real Farmer
- News (165)
- Agriculture (67)
- GNU-Linux (23)
- General (605)
- Letter to Ministers (5)
- Rubber (140)
- right to information (9)
- Help (8)
- Technology (14)
- Spices (1)
- My communities
- My personal Rubber Statistics
- My Programmes
- Dr. Shashi Tharoor a different MP
- My Other Blogs
- My videos – Audios
- Online News
- Complete list of Cabinet ministers and portfolios
- Few Important Links
- Sorry, but this post is not available in English
- Organic Farming
- Monthly Rubber Statistical News
- Rubber Statistics
- Rubber Board Phone. Numbers
- Did you want to install GNU/Linux?
- RTI Information: Unwanted information given by the Rubber Board on First appeal under RTI Act – 2005
- keralafarmer on പാല് ചുരത്തുവാന് അകിട് വേണ്ട
- പ്രധാനപ്പെട്ട ചില പോസ്റ്റുകള് on Grading on Rubber
- An evidence of the Violation of RTI Act | IAC Trivandrum on Excellence in Export Award for the export at the rate of Rs. 2.13/Kg for RSS4
- An evidence of the Violation of RTI Act | IAC Trivandrum on First appeal under RTI Act – 2005
- മാതൃഭൂമിയ്ക്കിതെങ്ങനെ കിട്ടി? « റബ്ബര് വാര്ത്തകള് on Performance of Natural Rubber 2010-11
- ബ്രൊമാഡിയോലോണ് എന്ന എലിവിഷം മനുഷ്യനും ഹാനികരം on Sorry, but this post is not available in English
- കര്ഷകരോട് എന്തിനീ ശത്രുത on Sorry, but this post is not available in English
- Rss 3 Price | AllGraphicsOnline.com on Rubber Prices for the month of August 2008
- ഡോ. ആര്. ഗോപിമണിയ്ക്ക് ഭ്രാന്താണോ? « കാര്ഷിക വാര്ത്തകള് on നാളികേര കര്ഷകരുടെ ശ്രദ്ധയ്ക്ക്